Our Counselor-In-Training (CIT) program is the first step in the transition from camper to staff member. This program is for those who are ready to take on new challenges, opportunities, and responsibilities at camp. Participants in the CIT program will gain a meaningful leadership experience while putting the skills they develop into practice on a daily basis. Camp is an ideal setting that aids in the development of important life skills such as communication, problem solving and cooperation, all in the same fun, magical, creative culture that keeps campers returning summer after summer.
BENEFITS OF THE CIT PROGRAM
- Create lifelong friendships
- Develop leadership skills and put them into practice daily
- Create new programs and lead special events for cabin groups, units, and all of Camp
- Learn from and work with counselors from all over the world
- Acquire important problem solving and communication skills for future challenges in the classroom or on the job
- Build self-confidence and gain experience
- Become a role model and share your knowledge with younger campers
- See how the “magic” of Camp is created behind the scenes
- Help create the fun and unique culture that makes camp so special.
2023 CIT Sessions
CIT session 1: June 25th to July 21st (Camp Sessions 1 and 2)
CIT session 2: July 23rd to August 18th (Camp Sessions 3 and 4)
Applicants for the CIT program must be at least 16 or entering the 11th grade by the start-date of the session to which they apply.
The CIT application will go live on December 5th and close on January 2nd.
- Camp will send an email to all eligible campers in December with application information.
- Complete an application form and return it to Camp by January 2nd.
- Distribute 3 references as part of the application process (see application for more details).
- When we have received your application and all three reference forms we will contact you with interview dates.