Join us Sunday, October 28th for our Annual Fall Festival & Scenic 5K Trail Run-Walk!
Our unique 5K trail run-walk is ideal for the seasoned trail runner/walker looking for a new challenge, a road runner/walker searching for a change of pace and scenery – and, anyone seeking the chance to get out an embrace nature at a leisurely pace!
What’s more, our 5K will give participants the opportunity to get the “insider view,” as they make their way through the most revered areas of Camp Burgess & Hayward.
Run, walk or just relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings and seasonal activities!
We have several activities planned to keep our spectators entertained (and warm!) during the 5K, as they cheer on the 5K participants.
After the 5K, we will have a delicious harvest lunch and several seasonal activities to participate in, including face painting, hay rides, scarecrow making, zip-lining and a farm tour!
- PARKING: Upon arrival at 75 Stowe Road, Sandwich, MA, you will see signs directing you to the Burgess visitor parking lot – please park there and make your way to the Burgess Dining Hall to check in.
- CHECK-IN/REGISTRATION: Check-in and registration will take place in the Burgess Dining hall beginning at 9:30 am. We will have coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cider, doughnuts and fruit awaiting you. *The more the merrier! it is not too late to register, so please bring along any friends and family who may want to join in on the festivities – we will have registration available at check-in!
- WEATHER: This event will take place rain or shine, so please plan accordingly. We have plenty of indoor space to hold activities, should it rain.
- 5K PARTICIPANTS: The 5K will begin promptly at 10:30 am at the Burgess Barn. Please bring a water bottle and wear close-toed shoes.
- DOGS: We ask that you please leave your canine friends at home.
SPRING SERVICE WEEKEND
Join us for a weekend of fun and community service here at Camp Burgess & Hayward!
Starting on Friday, we prepare for our annual Uncle Ang’s Volunteer Day by gathering tools and making signs, all while getting into the camp spirit! On Saturday, the Spring Service Weekend participants join our volunteer day with other friends, families and community members. After an active and productive morning, we break for our traditional BBQ! After lunch, we help clean-up from the day and complete a few more projects before wrapping up the day.
Community service certificates will be awarded to all who participate.
We look forward to see you all back at camp!
Place: Camp Burgess
Check In: TBA
Check Out: TBA
This program is open to ages 9-16
Round-trip transportation from the Emilson YMCA in Hanover is available.
For more information and to register, call 508-428-2571, ext. 0