Summer 2023 FAQs
We will follow all State guidelines, which have not yet been released, and will provide updates as the summer approaches.
Deposits are a means of securing the session of choice, and are non-refundable. Deposits are $150 per one-week session and $250 per two-week session, and we have a $50 registration fee (waived for SSYMCA members). The balance of fees is due May 1st.
Cancel before May 1, 2023 – all fees paid are refundable, less non-refundable deposit and registration fee.
Cancel on or after May 1, 2023 – 50% program fees paid are refundable, less non-refundable deposit and registration fee
Cancel within 14 days of program start date – No refund, except in the case of medical necessity (documentation required)
We thank you for arriving within the noted time frames, as we are unable to accommodate early arrivals.
- Camp Burgess for Boys & Camp Hayward for Girls
- Check-in is on Sunday between 1:00-2:30pm
- Check-out is on Friday between 11:00am-12:30pm
- Adventure Trips (check-in and check-out are at Base Camp)
- Check-in is on Sunday between 1:00-2:00pm
- Check-out is on Friday between 10:00-11:00am
Prior to May 1st: Deposits are $250 per two week session, $150 for one week sessions, plus a $50 registration fee (all non-refundable)
After May 1st: Payment is due in full
Financial Assistance: If you are applying for financial assistance please register online to reserve your spot, and then mail in the Financial Aid form to 75 Stowe road, Sandwich MA, 02563
We accept one cabin or tent mate request per camper, per session. This is done at the time of online registration. If you need to update your request, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every person we hire to work at our camp goes through an extensive background check that includes submission of a thorough application packet, interviews with the director, CORI and SORI background checks, and three separate references.
- Program Participants
- Camp Burgess & Hayward campers: 7-16 years old
- Adventure Trips participants: 12-17 years old
- Adventure Trips Leader in Training (LIT) participants: 17-18 years old
- Counselor in Training (CIT) participants: 16 years old or entering 11th grade
- Staff Positions
- Junior Counselors: 17 years old
- Counselors: 18+ (mostly college students or high school seniors)
- Resource Staff, Adventure Trip Leaders & Outdoor Education Staff: 21+
Because our sessions are only 1 or 2 weeks long, there are no parent days or visiting days at our camp.
We ask that you do not pick up any camper during a session, as it strongly impacts his/her and the other campers’ experience. We thank you in advance for selecting the correct session(s) for your summer schedule. Please contact the director of your child’s program immediately if you have an issue with any of the dates scheduled.
We encourage parents to send their campers snail mail, which is handed out every night after dinner. You can also email your camper on our website. These emails are printed out and delivered to campers after dinner. We do not have a set up where your camper can email you, but they are able to send snail mail. Phones and other electronic devices for campers are not allowed. Please leave these personal items at home.
Yes, our Financial Assistance Application can be found on the Dates & Rates page of our website.