Summer 2022 FAQs
This is not something we have an answer on yet, but we will have a policy in place that requires campers and staff to prove that they are COVID free prior to coming to Camp. We will follow all State guidelines, which have not yet been released, and will provide updates as the summer approaches.
Deposits are a means of securing the session of choice, and as such are non-refundable. The balance of fees is due May 1st. However if the status of Camp is still unknown by the 1st of May, then your balance will not be due until it is determined that Camp will be allowed to operate. And of course if the State restricts us from running Camp, then all fees (including deposit) will be refundable.
After May 1st, our policy remains the same as in previous years:
Cancel on or after May 1, 2022 – 50% program fees paid are refundable, less non-refundable deposit and registration fee
Cancel within 14 days of program start date – No refund, except in the case of medical necessity (documentation required).
Yes, you do need to register online for summer 2022. Credits from summer 2021 give families priority access to registration, and a deposit will not be required for registering. However, you ARE NOT automatically registered. Please log on to your account to sign up for your session of choice.
We thank you for arriving within the noted time frames, as we are unable to accommodate early arrivals.
- Camp Burgess for Boys & Camp Hayward for Girls
- Check-in is on Sunday between 1:00-2:30pm
- Check-out is on Friday between 2:00-3:30pm (for sessions 1,1a,1b,2, 3 & 5)
- Check-out is on Friday between 11:30-1:00pm (for session 4 only)
- Adventure Trips (check-in and check-out are at Base Camp)
- Check-in is on Sunday between 1:00-2:00pm
- Check-out is on Friday between 10:00-11:00am
Prior to May 1st: Deposits are $200 per two week Camp session, $150 for one week Camp sessions and Adventure Trips, plus a $45 registration fee (all non-refundable)
After May 1st: Payment is due in full
Financial Assistance: If you are applying for financial assistance you may register over the phone or by email with a $50 deposit
We accept one cabin or tent mate request per camper, per session. This is done at the time of online registration. If you need to update your request, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every person we hire to work at our camp goes through an extensive background check that includes submission of a thorough application packet, interviews with the director, CORI and SORI background checks, and three separate references.
- Program Participants
- Camp Burgess & Hayward campers: 7-16 years old
- Adventure Trips participants: 12-17 years old
- Adventure Trips Leader in Training (LIT) participants: 17-18 years old
- Counselor in Training (CIT) participants: 16 years old or entering 11th grade
- Staff Positions
- Junior Counselors: 17 years old or have completed the CIT program
- Counselors: 18+ (mostly college students or high school seniors)
- Resource Staff, Adventure Trip Leaders & Outdoor Education Staff: 21+
Because our sessions are only 1 or 2 weeks long, there are no parent days or visiting days at our camp.
We ask that you do not pick up any camper during a session, as it strongly impacts his/her and the other campers’ experience. We thank you in advance for selecting the correct session(s) for your summer schedule. Please contact the director of your child’s program immediately if you have an issue with any of the dates scheduled.
We encourage parents to send their campers snail mail, which is handed out every night after dinner. You can also email your camper on our website. These emails are printed out and delivered to campers after dinner. Unfortunately we do not have a set up where your camper can email you. Phones and other electronic devices for campers are not allowed. Please leave these personal items at home.
Yes, our Financial Assistance Application can be found on the Dates & Rates page of our website.