It is becoming increasingly difficult for the modern family to spend quality time together, away from the distractions of day-to-day life. Here at Camp Burgess & Hayward, we strive to eliminate those barriers and allow you to reconnect, by giving you the opportunity to focus on what is important – each other.
Join us for Memorial Day Family Camp!
Come enjoy the opportunity to reconnect with nature and your family at Camp Burgess & Hayward’s Family Camp. The weekend away serves to reinforce family ties, while creating memories that last a lifetime…
Our talented staff endeavors to make this experience unique, setting it apart from other family vacations by providing a diverse selection of programs and activities.
We provide healthy meals, comfortable lodging, and unique staff-led programming that will appeal to all ages. At the end of a fun-filled day, we invite you to relax beside the campfire, free from cell phones and to-do lists, to enjoy the company of your loved ones, as you’re enveloped by the beauty of the natural world.
Our lodging offers families and groups the option to choose amongst different types of shared and private spaces. Larger groups and family reunions can book an entire cabin group, while single cabins provide a cozy retreat for individual families.
Activities include Archery, Canoeing, Kayaking, Swimming, Climbing Tower, Zip Line, High Ropes, Basketball, Gaga Ball, Tetherball, and More!
Evening activities include a beach party, with a barbecue at the waterfront, followed by our famous campfire with songs and skits.
Many of our programs and activities are weather dependent, alternative programming may be necessary. Please see our tentative schedule here Sample Schedule.
DATES & RATES
We offer Family Camp every Memorial Day Weekend!.
The 2019 Family Camp Dates are May 25-May 27, 2019 .
The all-inclusive weekend includes lodging in one of our cabins. The fee includes up to five people. Our cabins accommodate up to 10 people. Please view our registration form below for additional information and pricing.
DEPOSIT & CANCELLATION POLICY
- $150 non-refundable deposit due at the time of registration;
- Cancel 30+ days prior, you will receive a full refund, less the $100 non-refundable deposit;
- Cancel within 30 days, no refund.
FOR MORE DETAILS AND TO REGISTER
Please contact Katie O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (508) 428-2571 ext. 107 for more information and to register.
Just one hour South of Boston, Camp Burgess and Hayward is located on over 300 acres of forests, fields, and sparkling freshwater ponds. Nestled between the girls’ and boys’ camps, you’ll find 90-acre Spectacle Pond, which provides the idyllic setting for swimming, boating and waterfront recreation.
Join us Sunday, October 27th for our Fall Festival & Scenic 5K Trail Run-Walk!
Registration coming soon!
Our unique 5K trail run-walk is ideal for the seasoned trail runner/walker looking for a new challenge, a road runner/walker searching for a change of pace and scenery – and, anyone seeking the chance to get out an embrace nature at a leisurely pace!
What’s more, our 5K will give participants the opportunity to get the “insider view,” as they make their way through the most revered areas of Camp Burgess & Hayward.
Run, walk or just relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings and seasonal activities!
We have several activities planned to keep our spectators entertained (and warm!) during the 5K, as they cheer on the 5K participants.
After the 5K, we will have a delicious harvest lunch and several seasonal activities to participate in, including face painting, hay rides, scarecrow making, zip-lining and a farm tour!
- PARKING: Upon arrival at 75 Stowe Road, Sandwich, MA, you will see signs directing you to the Burgess visitor parking lot – please park there and make your way to the Burgess Dining Hall to check in.
- CHECK-IN/REGISTRATION: Check-in and registration will take place in the Burgess Dining hall beginning at 9:30 am. We will have coffee, tea, hot chocolate, cider, doughnuts and fruit awaiting you. *The more the merrier! it is not too late to register, so please bring along any friends and family who may want to join in on the festivities – we will have registration available at check-in!
- WEATHER: This event will take place rain or shine, so please plan accordingly. We have plenty of indoor space to hold activities, should it rain.
- 5K PARTICIPANTS: The 5K will begin promptly at 10:30 am at the Burgess Barn. Please bring a water bottle and wear close-toed shoes.
- DOGS: We ask that you please leave your canine friends at home.