Summer 2023 FAQs
We will follow all State guidelines, which have not yet been released, and will provide updates as the summer approaches.
- Deposits ($150 per one-week session, $250 per two-week session) and Registration Fee ($50) are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Cancel before May 1, 2023 – 100% program fees paid are refundable (less registration fee and non-refundable deposits).
- Cancel on or after May 1, 2023 – 50% program fees paid are refundable.
- Cancel within 14 days of program start date – No refund, except in the case of medical necessity (documentation must be provided).
We thank you for arriving within the noted timeframes, as we are unable to accommodate early arrivals.
- Camp Burgess for Boys & Camp Hayward for Girls
- Check-in is on Sunday between 1:00-2:30pm
- Check-out is on Friday between 11:00am-12:30pm
- Adventure Trips (check-in and check-out are at Base Camp)
- Check-in is on Sunday between 1:00-2:00pm
- Check-out is on Friday between 10:00-11:00am
Prior to May 1st: Deposits are $250 per two week session, $150 for one week session, plus a $50 registration fee for non SSYMCA members (all non-refundable)
After May 1st: Payment is due in full
Financial Assistance: If you are applying for financial assistance please register online to reserve your spot, and then mail the Financial Aid form to: 75 Stowe Road, Sandwich MA, 02563.
We accept one cabin or tent mate request per camper, per session. This is done at the time of online registration, on the Participant Information Form.
Every person we hire to work at our camp goes through an extensive background check that includes submission of a thorough application packet, interviews with the director, CORI and SORI background checks, and three separate references.
- Program Participants
- Camp Burgess & Hayward campers: 7-16 years old
- Teen Adventure Trips participants: 12-17 years old
- Counselor in Training (CIT) participants: 16 years old or entering 11th grade
- Staff Positions
- Junior Counselors: 17 years old
- Counselors: 18+ (mostly college students or high school seniors)
- Resource Staff, Teen Adventure Trip Leaders & Outdoor Education Staff: 21+
Because our sessions are only 1 or 2 weeks long, there are no parent days or visiting days at our camp.
We ask that you do not pick up any camper during a session, as it strongly impacts their and the other campers’ cabin or trip experience. We thank you in advance for selecting the correct session(s) for your summer schedule. Please contact the director of your child’s program immediately if you have an issue with any of the dates scheduled.
We encourage parents to send their campers snail mail, which is handed out every night after dinner. You can also email your camper on our website. These emails are printed out for campers after dinner. Phones and other electronic devices are not used by campers. Please leave these personal items at home.
Yes, our Financial Assistance Application can be found on the Dates & Rates page of our website.
For general Camp inquiries, please email our Camp Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Adventure Trips inquiries, please email Adventure Trips Director Ben Martin at email@example.com
For financial assistance, balance inquiries and business operations, please email our office manager at firstname.lastname@example.org