COVID-19 Preparations at South Shore YMCA Camp Burgess & Hayward
As we look toward a 2021 camp season, we understand you may be concerned about your child’s health and safety when staying at Camp Burgess & Hayward. Please be assured that protecting the health of all our campers and staff is our top priority.
We are monitoring the COIVD-19 situation closely and have adapted our processes and practices to maintain the most sanitary environment possible, and we are diligently following the recommendations of the CDC and Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
We will continue to use the COVID-19 page of our website to keep you updated as the situation evolves. You can be assured that we are committed to creating and maintaining a healthy and welcoming environment for all.
Here is what Camp Burgess & Hayward is doing:
We continue to clean to a high standard using commercial grade disinfectant solutions that are designed to kill viruses – specifically Coronaviruses. We are focusing on frequently touched surfaces such as counters, door handles, knobs, light switches, bunk railings/ladders and other fixtures. We are also stockpiling cleaning products and making them available to staff to keep their areas clean and disinfected.
We have strict sanitation procedures that we follow regularly that are put in place and monitored by our local health departments. In addition, we are doing the following:
- Communicating current information to seasonal staff regarding proper safety habits.
- Providing additional hand sanitizing stations in dining and cabin areas and around the property for camper and staff use.
- Increasing our regular cleaning after each meal to include the disinfecting of entry/exit door handles, knobs, and chairs.
- Deep cleaning bathrooms several times each day with commercial-grade disinfectant solution and disinfecting bathroom touch-points throughout the day.
- Installing informational signage in cabins and bathrooms to promote healthy habits amongst our staff and campers.